Lost Love Quotes are words of wisdom, hope, and inspiration that can help us through the difficult times of heartbreak. These quotes have been shared by people from all walks of life who have experienced the pain and sorrow of lost love. Best lost love quotes and sayings, we explore the raw and tender emotions that come with the end of a romantic relationship. Whether you’re going through a breakup or have already moved on, these words of wisdom and solace may offer some comfort and inspiration. Love is a complex journey, and these quotes remind us that, even when love is lost, it can still be a source of growth, strength, and transformation.
Lost Love Quotes
1. The worst feeling in the world is when you know that you both love each other but still can’t be together.
2. Sometimes, only one person is missing, and the whole world seems depopulated. ― Alphonse de Lamartine
3. And maybe this will end tomorrow or 2 weeks or 4 months or maybe even 2 years from now but no matter when it ends I’ll never regret any of it
4. Our love has become nothing but a memory I keep hidden deep inside the brightest part of my soul.
5. A dream you once were, a dream of all my realities, a dream I can no longer strive for, in the wake of many betrayals. – C. Elizabeth
6. It’s so much darker when a light goes out than it would have been if it had never shone. – John Steinbeck
7. I just wish I could lose these feelings as fast as I lost you.
8. I thought when love for you died, I should die. It’s dead. Alone, most strangely, I live on. Rupert Brooke
Quotes About Moving on From Lost Love
9. The heart has reasons that reason does not understand.
10. I woke up from that beautiful dream and found myself living in reality far worse than my scariest nightmares.
11. Stop looking for happiness in the same place you lost it.
12. True love never dies as we see in our eyes, only when we let go that we can truly say goodbye.
13. Once you accept the loss, no one can stop you from moving on.
14. Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation. – Kahlil Gibran
15. Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
16. I just wish I could lose these feelings as fast as I lost you.
17. When you loved someone and had to let them go, there will always be that small part of yourself that whispers, What was it that you wanted and why didn’t you fight for it? – Shannon L. Alder
18. How can I lose something that I never had?
19. In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing. – Mignon McLaughlin
20. Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it’s better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting it back together.
21. Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. ― Kahlil Gibran
22. Loving you was easy, losing you was hard, and forgetting you is impossible.
23. The grief of losing someone is like the air. No matter how hard you try to keep yourself from breathing, it would be best if you accepted that you could not go on without it.
24. Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more, / Men were deceivers ever, / One foot in sea and one on shore, / To one thing constant never. – William Shakespeare
25. Love does nothing but make you weak! It turns you into an object of pity and derision, a mewling pathetic creature no more fit to live than a worm squirming on the pavement after a hard summer rain. ― Teresa Medeiros
Loss and Love Messages for Her or Him
26. If you’ve fallen down, today is the day you can get back up and try again. – Amelie Chance
27. No one compares to you, but there’s no you, except in my dreams tonight. – Lana Del Rey
28. Love is divine only and difficult always. If you think it is easy you are a fool. If you think it is natural you are blind. It is a learned application without reason or motive except that it is God. – Toni Morrison
29. I cannot eat, I cannot drink; the pleasures of youth and love are fled away: there was a good time once, but now that is gone, and life is no longer life. ― Plato
30. Giving up doesn’t always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go. – Unknown
31. Losing your love can be tragic. Bearing that kind of loss can be hard, but it happens more than we can imagine. Love is not always meant to be found. This section contains the quotes, messages, and sayings about losing your love.
32. You always told me that someday I had to prepare myself for when you would never come back. I tried, I did, but nothing could ever prepare me for the day it happened.
33. I keep telling myself that I’m over you, but whenever I hear my cellphone chime, I cannot help but wish that it’s a message from you.
34. You cannot truly let go until you accept that despite the pain he caused, he brought you far greater and unimaginable joy.
35. Love will not serve those who do not live for her, and in her, and to whom she is not the breath of life. ― Jennette Lee
36. I wish I had the guts to walk away and forget about what we had. But, I can’t because I know you won’t come after me, and I guess that’s what hurts the most.
37. Memories are the best souvenirs.
38. I looked at the house with such great pain. Home. It is a sweet and foreign word to me now. Without you in it, what used to be a home is now nothing but a house.
39. When you lose someone, there is no one to blame. Not even yourself. It can only make a loss more painful and longer. The loss is a loss as long as you consider it a loss. But once you make peace with it and let it be in the past, everything becomes easier.
Profound Lost Love Quotes
40. I’ve always wondered which was worse- remembering or forgetting.
41. When love is lost, do not bow your head in sadness; instead keep your head up high and gaze into heaven for that is where your broken heart has been sent to heal.
42. ‘Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. ― Alfred Lord Tennyson
43. They continued to ask me what pain felt like. I looked them in the eye and told them that true pain is having to bury your one and only child.
44. All the most powerful emotions come from chaos -fear, anger, love- especially love. Love is chaos itself. Think about it! Love makes no sense. It shakes you up and spins you around. And then, eventually, it falls apart. ― Kirsten Miller
45. If this is my heartache, then let it be mine to endure. Permit me to feel it in its entirety. Don’t tell me how much of you I am allowed to love. ― Lang Leav
46. I think the worst feeling in the world is knowing that someone you used to talk to everyday doesn’t care about you anymore ~Anmol Andore
47. The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost.
48. To fully appreciate the wonders of joy and love, you have to also appreciate the horror of pain and loss.
49. To welcome great beginnings, you must welcome the possible sad endings that come with it.
50. When I lost you, I felt as if the world had ended. Time stopped for me, and nothing else mattered. When I looked outside the window and saw that the birds continued to fly, I realized that the world would not accompany me in my grief. And life, as usual, will go on with our without me.
51. No matter how tightly you hold on when something is not meant to be, you have no choice but to let go.
Quotes about lost love to get you trough
52. It is true that sometimes losing one person can make the whole world dull. It can make your whole life seem useless and painful. Pain and the feeling of emptiness can haunt you. But you feel all that because you let yourself feel that.
53. After you left me, I was stuck wondering where I should go to start anew. A voice in the wind told me that maybe I didn’t have to start over again. Perhaps I just had to walk through this path and apply the lessons losing you has taught me.
54. The grief of losing someone is like the air. No matter how hard you try to keep yourself from breathing, you must accept that you cannot go on without it.
55. I don’t think, until you’ve actually lost somebody you really love, that you can go through that door that allows you to be grown-up. ― Felicity Kendal
56. And he’d hated himself, and hated her, too, for the ruin they’d made of each other. ― Dennis Lehane
57. Yes, your loss was the most painful thing to experience. Now you are not with me, but I have made peace with the idea of not being with you. And it does not hurt me anymore. But the fact that I cannot stop loving you, remains the same.
58. Love is the hardest habit to break, and the most difficult to satisfy.
59. You cannot see loss; you cannot hear loss. There is only one thing you can do, and that is to feel it.
60. God is closest to those with broken hearts.
61. What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose. ~Henry Ward Beecher
62. Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation. ― Kahlil Gibran
63. Losing you was never a part of the plan. We were supposed to be together, forever. But I lost you anyway because things do not go always according to the plan. I accept this loss, and I am moving on, but I will never stop loving you. Maybe someone will replace you, but you will always be the one I loved the most.
64. If it is real, it will never be over. – Unknown
Healing Quotes on Lost Love
65. A broken heart is just the growing pains necessary so that you can love more completely when the real thing comes along. ― J.S.B. Morse
66. I try to live my life even without you with it. I go to our favorite spots, our favorite places, trying to live on. Instead, I find myself living in the memories that haunt me, always and forever.
67. Everyone has a right to love and be loved, and nobody on this earth has the right to tell anyone that their love for another human being is morally wrong. ― Barbra Streisand
68. I knew I would hate my best memory because it would prove that people could fake love or that love could end or worst of all, love was not powerful enough to change a life. – Mona Simpson
69. There is love of course. And then there’s life, its enemy. – Jean Anouilh
70. It is funny how losing someone, who was never yours can hurt you so bad. But the best part is, it does not have to hurt that much. You have the power to stop it, you just have to unleash that power.
71. You love to hate the one who loves the one you hate to love.
72. I will never truly get over your loss, but there is nothing left to do but move on and make way for a bright and new day.
73. Then I said goodnight and tucked you away inside a place called Nostalgia, where you’ll always remain unspoiled, somewhere between my lungs that used to breathe ocean air and my belly that fluttered with hope. ― Victoria Erickson
74. Real loss only occurs when you lose something that you love more than yourself.
75. I know that’s what people say– you’ll get over it. I’d say it, too. But I know it’s not true. Oh, you’ll be happy again, never fear. But you won’t forget. Every time you fall in love it will be because something in the man reminds you of him. ― Betty Smith
76. There can’t be a perfect replacement for those we lost, whom we love so much. But there’s always a kind replacement, strong and caring enough to take us through those lonely moments. ― Terry Mark
77. What should I do without you? I cannot imagine.
78. To fully appreciate the wonders of joy and love, you also must understand the horror of pain and loss.
79. Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings. ― Anais Nin
Deep Lost Love Quotes
80. Better to have lost and loved than never to have loved at all. ~Ernest Hemingway
81. Do not blame love for the pain. Love is such a beautiful thing. Blame the person who turned love into pain for you. That person is to be held responsible, not love.
82. No greater joy can ever compare to love, as no greater pain can ever compare to loss.
83. I thought when love for you died, I should die. It’s dead. Alone, most strangely, I live on. – Rupert Brooke
84. People should not judge failed love affairs as failed experiences, but as part of the growth process. Something does not have to end well for it to have been one of the most valuable experiences of a lifetime. – Ethel Person
85. People should not judge failed love affairs as failed experiences, but as part of the growth process. Something does not have to end well for it to have been one of the most valuable experiences of a lifetime. ― Ethel Person
86. I have loved and I have lost and I’m starting to believe; it’s okay. Sometimes what we “think” is best for us, is only the beginning of what is truly “meant” for us. And if I have loved, so deeply the wrong heart; I am content in knowing the greatest love I will ever experience, hasn’t even begun yet. ― Nikki Rowe
87. I’m almost over you; that’s what I keep telling myself to make me sleep better at night.
88. To love and win is the best thing; to love and lose, the next best. ~William Thackeray
89. I should know enough about a loss to realize that you never really stop missing someone – you just learn to live around the huge gaping hole of their absence. – Alyson Noel
90. The hardest thing I have ever done is walk away still madly in love with you.
91. The best way to mend a broken heart is time and girlfriends.
92. In love, unlike most other passions, the recollection of what you have had and lost is always better than what you can hope for in the future. ~Stendhal
- 70 Best Happy Anniversary to Sister and Brother in Law – Love Wordings
- 60 Invitation Message for Birthday Party
- 120 Positive Friday Blessings With images
- The Christmas Phone Call – Jokes Of The Day
- 70 I Am Proud Of My Wife Quotes
- 35 Apology Message To Boss – Sorry Messages
- 85 I Don’t Care Quotes and Sayings
- Power of Inner Peace – How to Control Your Emotions | Gautam Buddha Motivational Story
- 75 Inspirational Silence Quotes about Life and Love
- 65 Prayer for Strength and Courage in Difficult Times
- 58 I Really Appreciate You Messages For Him
- 50 Thanks For Playing With My Feelings Quotes and Sayings
- 35 Inspiring Preschool Graduation Quotes
- 80 Deep Soul Quotes to Love and Live By
- 90 Happy Fathers Day Captions- Funny and Cute Father’s Day
- 77 I Miss You My Sister Messages and Quotes
- 95 Fake Love Quotes and Sayings
- 92 Lost Love Quotes and Sayings
- 42 Hidden Love Quotes With Images
- 70 Barbie Quotes for Every Occasion – Dream Big with Barbie
Good Morning7 months ago
60 Really Cute Good Morning Quotes for Her & Morning Love Messages
Positive Quotes11 months ago
45 Stay Positive Quotes Moving Forward To Inspire
Good Morning3 months ago
56 Good Morning Inspirational Quotes With Beautiful Images
Inspirational Quotes4 years ago
147 Uplifting Short Inspirational Quotes & Positive Words With Images To Inspiring
Inspirational Messages5 months ago
50 Short Positive Quotes – Motivational Quotes of the Day
Birthday Wishes1 year ago
144 Happy Birthday Wishes And Happy Birthday Funny Sayings
Funny4 years ago
76 Funny Quotes To Make You Laugh, Short Funny Sayings And Quotations
Inspirational Quotes5 months ago
56 Short Inspirational Quotes And Short Inspirational Sayings