Best Al Capone Quotes and sayings about life, and violence.
Al Capone, a notorious American criminal also known by his nickname Scarface, exercised authority over Chicago’s organized crime for nearly ten years.
Because of the breadth of his influence, power, and control, he was considered to be one of the most notorious criminals in the history of the United States.
If you are interested in gaining more knowledge about one of the most notorious gangsters who ever lived, Al Capone, the citations that follow will supply you with all of the information that you require to do so.
Best Al Capone Quotes and Sayings
1. “I’m the boss. I’m going to continue to run things. They’ve been putting the roscoe on me for a good many years and I’m still healthy and happy.”
2. “All I ever did was sell beer and whiskey to our best people. All I ever did was supply a demand that was pretty popular. Why, the very guys that make my trade good are the ones that yell the loudest about me. Some of the leading judges use the stuff.”
3. “It’s pretty tough when a citizen with an unblemished record must be hounded from his home by the very policemen whose salaries are paid, at least in part, from the victim’s pocket. You might say that every policeman in Chicago gets some of his bread and butter from the taxes I pay.”
4. “I am just a businessman, giving the people what they want.”
5. “I’ve lost a million and a half on the horses and dice in the last two years. And the funny part is, I still like ’em, and if someone handed me another million I’d put it right in the nose of some horse that looked good to me.”
6. “You accomplish more with a smile, a handshake, and a gun than you do with just a smile and a handshake.”
7. “I’ve been accused of every death except the casualty list of the World War.”
8. “In this life, all that I have is my word and my balls and I do not break them for nobody.”
9. “Why not treat our business like any other man treats his, as something to work at in the daytime and forget when he goes home at night? There’s plenty of business for everybody. Why kill each other over it?”
10. “I am like any other man. All I do is supply a demand.”
11. “When I sell liquor, it’s bootlegging. When my patrons serve it on a silver tray on Lakeshore Drive, it’s hospitality.”
12. “A crook is a crook, and there’s something healthy about his frankness in the matter. But any guy who pretends he is enforcing the law and steals on his authority is a swell snake. The worst type of these punks is the big politician. You can only get a little of his time because he spends so much time covering up that no one will know that he is a thief. A hard-working crook will and can get those birds by the dozen, but right down in his heart he won’t depend on them-hates the sight of them.”
13. “Bolshevism is knocking at our gates, we can’t afford to let it in. We must keep America whole and safe and unspoiled. We must keep the worker away from red literature and red ruses; we must see that his mind remains healthy.”
14. “They talk about me not being legitimate. Nobody’s legit, you know that and so do they. Nobody’s really on the legit when it comes down to cases.”
15. “Prohibition has made nothing but trouble.”
16. “Capitalism is the legitimate racket of the ruling class.”
17. “Don’t let anybody kid you into thinking I can be run out of town. I haven’t run yet and I’m not going to.”
18. “You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun.”
19. “Public service is my motto.”
20. “Hell must be a pretty swell spot because the guys that invented religion have sure been trying hard to keep everybody else out.”
21. “I got nothing against the honest cop on the beat. You just have them transferred someplace where they can’t do you any harm. But don’t ever talk to me about the honor of police captains or judges. If they couldn’t be bought they wouldn’t have the job.”
22. “Every time a boy falls off a tricycle, every time a black cat has gray kittens, every time someone stubs a toe, every time there’s a murder or a fire or the marines land in Nicaragua, the police and the newspapers holler, ‘Get Capone.’”
23. “This American system of ours—call it Americanism, call it capitalism, call it what you will—gives each and every one of us a great opportunity if we seize it with both hands and make the most of it.”
24. “I would rather be rich, affluent, and greedy and go to hell when I die than live in poverty on this earth.”
25. “My rackets are run on strictly American lines and they’re going to stay that way.”
26. “You’d be surprised if you knew some of the fellows I’ve got to take care of.”
27. “Now I know why tigers eat their young.”
28. “Racketeer? Why, the real racketeers are the banks!”
29. “Be careful who you call your friends. I’d rather have four quarters than one hundred pennies.”
30. “The country wanted booze and I organized it. Why should I be called a public enemy?”
31. “The funny part of the whole thing is that a man in this line of business has so much company. I mean his customers. If people did not want beer and wouldn’t drink it, a fellow would be crazy for going around trying to sell it!”
32. “It’s a racket. Those stock market guys are crooked.”
33. “Don’t mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me.”
34. “What do you want to do, get yourself killed before you are
35. You’d better get some sense while a few of us are left alive.”
36. “People who respect nothing dread fear. It is upon fear, therefore, that I have built up my organization. But understand me correctly, please. Those who work with me are afraid of nothing. Those who work for me are kept faithful, not so much because of their pay as because they know what might be done with them if they broke faith.”
37. “It seems like I’m responsible for every crime that takes place in this country.”
38. “I am sick and tired of publicity. I want no more of it. It puts me in a bad light. I just want to be forgotten.”
39. “I have always been opposed to violence, to shootings. I have fought, yes, but fought for peace. And I believe I can take credit for the peace that now exists in the racket game in Chicago. I believe that the people can thank me for the fact that gang killings here are probably a thing of the past.”
40. “I never stuck up a man in my life. Neither did any of my agents ever rob anybody or burglarize any homes while they worked for me. They might have pulled plenty of jobs before they came with me or after they left me, but not while they were in my outfit.”
41. “Vote early and vote often.”
The impact that he had on the corporate world, on organized crime, and on society as a whole is explored in a number of films, including “The Untouchables” and “Capone.”
Although Al Capone was the head of a criminal organization, we may all learn from the mistakes he made in the past.
If you want to find out more about him and the world he inhabits, look through the following list in its entirety. We are confident that you will gain some insight into the importance of being nice to others, as well as other subjects.
How knowledgeable are you about Al Capone and the empire he built? Al Capone’s parents were poor immigrants when they had their first child. He worked as a pin boy at a bowling alley, a clerk in a confectionery store, and even as a cutter in a book bindery in order to put food on the table and support his family. Al Capone, on the other hand, did not merely stick to his occupation; rather, he joined youth gangs, which led to his becoming involved in petty crime and property damage while he was working.
He had been exposed to violent crime and the lifestyle of gangs ever since he was a little child. As he kept on in this manner, he steadily climbed to prominence in the industry. In 1920, his multi-million dollar organization in Chicago reached its height and controlled the city. This achievement came about as a result of him continuing to carry on in this manner. Additionally, it is believed that Al Capone was responsible for a lot of horrible and brutal crimes, most of which were done against other criminals.
In spite of the fact that leading a life of crime is not something that should be praised or celebrated, Al Capone provides us with some sound counsel in his words. To begin, he instilled in us the importance of keeping our word. Never go back on your word since doing so tells others a lot about the kind of person you are and how you behave morally.
We also gain the ability to be considerate while maintaining our adaptability. He once wisely observed that a grin can take you a long way, and he was correct. You can go a lot further if you flash a grin and carry a pistol. The most beneficial frame of mind to have is one of positivity, but you should never forget to use caution and discretion in choosing the people with whom you associate.
With that being said, we hope that we were successful in gaining additional knowledge about Al Capone and in imparting some of his story to you. Even though he led a troubled life, there is still plenty that we may gain by studying his mistakes, regrets, and experiences. Remember to share this list with your family and friends so that they, too, can benefit from the insight of Al Capone.
Which of these quotations is your favorite, and why? Have we neglected to mention any more sage advice? Leave a comment below with your thoughts about them.
- 60 Famous Thomas Jefferson Quotes and Sayings With Images
- 35 Christmas Messages for Clients and Customers – Top Xmas Wishes
- 150 Strong Quotes for Coping with the Loss of a Loved One
- 150 Cute Touching Love Messages To Make Him Cry – Best Relationship Love
- 70 Hilarious Talladega Nights Quotes – Funny Memes
- 205 Inspirational Quotes For Kids – Motivational Words of Wisdom
- Top 50 Inspiring Positive Quotes About Life and Being Positive
- 115 Famous Encouraging Quotes to uplift Your Attitude & Spirits
- 65 Cute And Best Sister Quotes And Sayings That Is Unbreakable Love
- 80 Insightful Kenny Powers Quotes to Keep You Interested
- 40 Best Al Capone Quotes and Sayings about Life, and violence
- 45 Best Marilyn Monroe Quotes About Life One-Liners to Inspire You
- 80 Charles Bukowski Quotes That Inspire to Motivation and Needs to Read
- 60 Astonishing Beautiful Happy Birthday Images And outstanding Birthday Memes
- 55 Impressive Good Morning Monday Images And Incredible Monday Memes
- 140 of the Star Wars Quotes for True Hard Fan
- 60 Meaningful Oscar Wilde Quotes on Life and love
- 150 Brother Quotes on Your Strong Brotherly Bond You Look Up to the Most
- 180 Tupac Quotes to Inspire to Life Motivation
- 200 Trust Quotes to Improve Your Perspective to Help You Build Trust
Positive Quotes4 years ago
25 Stay Positive Quotes Moving Forward To Inspire
Good Morning3 years ago
60 Really Cute Good Morning Quotes for Her & Morning Love Messages
Life4 years ago
56 Good Morning Inspirational Quotes With Beautiful Images
Inspirational Quotes3 years ago
147 Uplifting Short Inspirational Quotes & Positive Words With Images To Inspiring
Birthday Wishes4 years ago
144 Happy Birthday Wishes And Happy Birthday Funny Sayings
Positive Quotes4 years ago
38 Short Positive Quotes – Motivational Quotes of the Day
Funny3 years ago
76 Funny Quotes To Make You Laugh, Short Funny Sayings And Quotations
Inspirational Quotes4 years ago
56 Short Inspirational Quotes And Short Inspirational Sayings